The Walt Disney Company

Clear
3.7Pay & Benefits

Found 1,164 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,106 reviews

I loved working for Disney

A very fun place to work, always upbeat. It's hard to not have a good day while surrounded by Mickey Mouse. Pay is pretty good, was working part time. I only left because of a surgery that kept me from continuing.

Good experience

I worked at the all star music Resort It was good (really depends on where you work)Managers were ok.People were nicegood pay lots of standing but you did keep busy. overall it was a good experience.

Pros

discounts, good pay, benefits

Cons

Not the best work culture

Typical large organization culture. Always top down. They don't pay their employees whats fair for the work they do. Long time to promote someone. Hard to move to other roles. Policies don't apply to everyone. Full-time workers have to be vaccinated but contractors don't. Call it fair?

Pros

Good benefits for managers in the tech side

Cons

Layoffs, lower pay compared to other similar companies, not a One-Team culture

Flexible schedule

During my tenure at the The Walt Disney company, I was able to work from home couple of days a week as my commute was long. Management is congnizant of employee's familial committments and are flexible about employees' needs.

wide variety of projects depending on work locations

A lot of overtime at the end of the fiscal year. Management is pretty good depending on your location. Your work ethic and good work does get noticed by management. Different work locations specialize in different projects. Depending on your sewing level position, you can can change your work location every 6 months depending on your seniority.

Pros

free park entry, well priced benefits/health insurance

Cons

some work locations have a longer commute than others

Fun place to work

I enjoyed my time with Disney. Leaders were very understanding and helpful when I had health problems. Schedule was pretty consistent. Pay was ok. Only leaving the company because I was cut from full time to part time, due to my being out for medical reasons.

Fun work place and fun people

Definitely awesome place to work great benefits from day 1. Only thing is you start CR part time and get very low hours and days other than that you have to work your way to FT hours and days

I love what I do! I feel supported and appreciated on a regular basis, and the magic is truly real. There is ample PTO and benefits are amazing. I work under amazing leadership that goes out of their way not just to make me feel special, but to make our entire team an actual team.

Started off as a good job...

Working at Disneyland has put me through some stressful moments. Management is always 50/50, favoritism among managers with staff, unbalanced work schedules, and your life outside of work come last when working for this company. The benefits and pay are some of the only things that make me stay, to be honest.

One of the best jobs on property!

Great Hours, Great coworkers (including management), hours are fantastic, benefits are fantastic. Though I wouldn't recommend it to people who can't handle being on their feet most of the day, are bothered by the heat, or don't feel comfortable working in the rain (Florida rainstorms can be rough).

Operatrice Animatrice Attraction

Entreprise très agréable, petit point faible concernant la rémunération par rapport au travail demandé. Les taches sont répétitives et ne changent pas mais les souvenirs, eux, ne se ressemblent pas. Chaque jour reste unique en soit. La culture de l'entreprise est très forte, l'ambiance de travail agréable, les collègues bienveillants, accueillants, et profondément gentils. Disneyland Paris restera à jamais ma meilleure experience professionnelle, je ne regrette en rien y avoir travaillé. Foncez !

Slow-paced, Days

There usually was not much to do which would make the day go by slower especially when you’re scheduled for over 8 hours with pretty much nothing to do and standing in the hot sun sometimes. They were flexible in accommodating my schedule and everyone seemed nice. It was hard to enjoy a full break with the way their clock in/clock out system is and having to walk a long distance to/from the break room after clocking out for lunch or having to leave the break room before your break is over to clock back in in time.

Pros

Decent pay, nice coworkers, flexible schedule

Cons

Long hours, slow paced, inconvenient system

Fun at first, but quickly toxic

Toxic and clique like leaders, coworkers can make the job really fun, the guests will yell at you but that’s not as bad as the low pay and 70 hour weeks

Pay could be better

Great place to work, but needs to work on low pay for cost of living rise in the area. Management is also hit and miss depending on where you work and favoritism is evident in most promotion cases.

Excellent foundation for entry level

Walt Disney Company is a great company to work for. Excellent benefits, care about family, management needs to be changed, great unions that enforce contracts, work culture is great among regular co-workers.

Pros

company has excellent benefits

Cons

management does not care about employees

Fun place for DCP

I loved working as a DCP. Learned a lot and had great management. I found it to have great benefits as well and met so many people from around the world.

Not as good as you would think, but one of the better places I've worked.

The Walt Disney company has very high standards and a 4 month probationary period. If you don't meet those standards during the probationary period, they terminate you.

Pros

Working at Disneyland and getting good perks

Cons

Long commute, long/late hours

Fun place to work

Not the best pay but good benefits, a big company so there are a lot of people you work with. A lot of locations you can be put at and scheduling will be all over the place

Great for your resume

Hard work, demanding environment but will set you up nicely for other jobs . You have to be flexible, follow strict rules and be part of the team . Not for everyone . I loved it.

Overall it was good

Good people and benefits. Pay could be better for standout performers. HR can be a long process if you have any issues. Many perks that make up for the average pay.

Pros

Perks

Cons

Pay

Fun workplace and amazing scenery but scheduling could be more consistent.

Great company to work for. The pay could've been better, but if you're willing to put in the time and effort, management will notice, and you'll be rewarded for it. I was promoted immediately after my 90-day probationary period was over. Most of my guests were lovely, and I even made friends that I'll probably keep for a long time. Unless you have high seniority, your schedule will never be the same.

Pros

Free/discounted park tickets, plenty of overtime opportunities, amazing atmosphere

Cons

Low pay, schedule never the same, no weekends/holidays off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare The Walt Disney Company with

• The Walt Disney Company
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?