The Walt Disney Studios

The Walt Disney Studios Employee Reviews

Good Work/Life balance, fun projects

Great work from home flexibility during covid. Union studio with paid overtime. Many projects to work on at any given time. Good team atmosphere and communication.

1 hour lunch, lots of work. Very bias, they have their favorites. No room for advancement.

Repetative work, too much gossipping and there's different rules for every individual. Sales assistant, sometimes your work goes unnoticed. Salesmen drink Friday afternoons and you have to deal with their attitudes.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

short breaks if you smoke.

This is a good place to work but you have to really push for opportunities and know when to move on for advancement.

Experiences will vary greatly depending on position, department and division. Disney is a big place and corporate culture is often compartmentalized. Opportunities and advancement can be challenging. Make use of the Disney Portal and find ways to network across divisions. Take advantage of the educational benefits they offer. Disney has a lot of really great perks but sometimes you really need to seek them out.

Pros

Free park admission, paid educational benefits, strong 401k, commissary and gym on studio lot.

Cons

finding advancement and growth opportunities can be challenging

work

Work is easy and repetitive. Too much pointing fingers and Management defends the one's who are gossiping. The higher ups have no respect for the help and they drink at lunch.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Too much gossiping and pointing fingers!

Overly large company doesn't do well coordinating together

Always wondered if I ever worked for Disney if the magic would wear off. Answer: Yes. It is overly large, cutthroat, and a corporate mess. If you love Disney, I'd advise against working there.

Marketing & Distribution

I started my career in the Film/TV business as a Post Coordinator, I cant remember the lexact title but something to that affect. I was privileged to have started my career working with some top notch executives in Marketing & Distribution.

Pros

Excellent benefits & perks

Good Leadership Was Lacking

Encouraging execs. to compete against each other instead of working together does not foster a team spirit and team work. It encourages siloed depts. and an every man for himself type atmosphere - combined will fragile egos = toxic environment. Went through a few leaders - in the beginning they were good and there was a good atmosphere, but when management changed, the whole environment changed as good people were replaced with regime changes. In the end, the dept. became a place in which I no longer belonged or felt part of. Boy's club atmosphere and a lot of behavior that was not work appropriate that management turned a blind eye to.

Pros

The Brand

No work life balance

24/7 job. Metrics and reporting weekly productivity to prove your value is discouraging. Evening, weekend and holiday emails commonplace. Obsession with flawless performance and perfection, coupled with coworkers feeling the need to outperform each other in order to get noticed for promotion is toxic to team atmosphere.

Pros

Difficult job to get. Highly sought after company

Cons

Opportunities available for advancement tied to personal connections with leadership

Great management and great cafeteria

I loved working in the Music Prep department. My schedule was able to be flexible. Hard work but very rewarding. Everyone I worked with was very nice and respectful of each other.

Game of thrones

A bunch of back stabbing and total hate atmosphere and anyone and everyone is encouraged to screw over each other to get a head .......................

Pros

Free items

Cons

Horrible work culture

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at The Walt Disney Studios?

Fast paced and fun

Things were going just as planned then covid killed it. 8 months of a really fun place to work for me with a really supportive group. Everyone wants everyone to succeed.

I was allowed to do my job without someone looking over my shoulder.

I only worked there for a short time before the Wu Han China Virus destroyed everything. I really enjoyed the work, I was allowed to do my job and produce without anyone looking over my shoulder. People worked very well with each other. People were happy and friendly.

Hit or miss, but mostly fun!

Like every place, who you work with and your manager will make or break your experience at Disney. There are a few technology groups that work on exciting/cutting edge projects, but majority of teams focus on supporting back-of-house products and applications. So if your goal is to work the cutting edge of technology, your opportunities at Disney may be limited. However, if you want to work on products that matter, to have a good work-life balance to have frequent access to the Disney parks (for you and the family) and and have your kids tell all their friends that "you know Mickey" then Disney may be the right place!

This was a great company to work for. Working remotely was amazing!

I was able to visit local theatres on my own time and according to my own schedule in my state. Was able to view many movies and learn about sales are marketing for the company.

Pros

Completely remote work, free movies!

Cons

Independent Contractor on a 1099

Great place, good people, management was good, I was only there 2 months

I really loved this job! I loved the tech work, my management let me work independently, and it was challenging. Unfortunately, the Wu Han, China virus panic ruined Disney. In spite of all the measures they took to avoid it, a lot of us were let go. I hope I can go back.

Pros

pay, location, fun environment

Cons

I only got to stay there 2 months, then the Wu Han China virus destroyed everything

Great Benefits, Awesome Bonus Program, Supportive Management

Walt Disney Animation is an amazing place to work, I would say if you have a passion for art and telling narratives then this is the place for you. I would highly recommend pursuing a career here.

Excellent company but need a stronger career plan

Excellent organization with a lot of opportunities. It is important to have in place a real and clear career plan for cast members. HHRR need to create a department to manage the career plan for cast member with a desire to growth and give the best of them.

fearful culture

dread every moment. people sigh in depression as they get off the elevator onto their floor. worst culture i've ever been exposed to. Not sure if anyone likes their job.

Workplace culture

For my experience the workplace culture was enjoyable. My department had a great group of people. Management was kind and able to learn new skills when requested.

It was a wonderful place to work. I started working there in 1959

I worked at the Studio so many years ago. It was a totally different studio than it is now. Walt was still alive, and it was a family company where everyone knew eachother and worked together in harmony. It was a joy to be there every single day. We worked hard but had so much fun doing so.,

Nothing bad

Disney is a great place to work. When there is a change or or advancement everyone is always inform, a newsletter goes out to keep all employees to informed changes all over the globe

Pros

Parking is Big

Cons

Great cafeteria of foods for all dietary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at The Walt Disney Studios. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• The Walt Disney Studios
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?