TranscribeMe
View all TranscribeMe reviews

TranscribeMe

TranscribeMe Employee Review

Hard & Tedious Work, Little Compensation.

Working at TranscribeMe was a great fit for me at first because of the ability to work whenever and wherever. I enjoyed being able to log on when available and take work as it comes in. However, there are periods where work is slow, you might spend more time waiting than working on something, and your pay for the amount of time you spend working is definitely not as much as advertised. A 4 minute audio clip may take you over an hour depending on audio quality, and you aren’t getting paid for your time, only for the length of the audio clip. At $15 an audio hour, that’s only about 25 cents for every audio minute you’re transcribing. It just takes some of the motivation out of you knowing that’s all you’re making. Not to mention that the application/english exam requires that you transcribe 3, 4 minute audios and you’re not even getting paid yet nor will you be compensated for the time spent on that. It was a stressful process for me doing hours of transcription on the exam, hoping I got everything perfectly correct so I would be accepted to work. The only other nice thing about working here is the community, everyone seems so welcoming and accepting it helps boost morale having that aspect and the ability to communicate through Yammer, the social media site TranscribeMe uses.

Pros

Flexible hours and friendly community

Cons

Extremely low pay/compensation, little work available

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TranscribeMe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare TranscribeMe with

• TranscribeMe
  • Hard & Tedious Work, Little Compensation.