TranscribeMe

TranscribeMe Employee Reviews

Tight deadlines, very low pay

Very low pay for the amount of work completed. Not able to access help when needed. You are basically an independent contractor with them, so no benefits of any type

Pros

No set shift. You can work when you want to

Cons

Long, long hours to make a small amount of money

It's a freelance transcription company.

They don't pay that well, but they can be a little forgiving with the work. A lot of the audio depends on what time of day you log on. If you log on during the middle of the day, you get a better chance of more work and good quality audio. Early morning and late night, you're more likely to get the poor audio quality or no jobs available.

Pros

Completely remote with the option to work whenever you want and for how long.

Cons

First come first serve for audio and poor pay if you're just starting out.

The fast-paced work style is challenging, only if you're disorganized. As a student, I would prefer it as I can do the work in the convenience of my home and they pay really well.

Relatively low pay but great flexibility

Good way to make a little money on the side completely on your own schedule. Work isn't always available in the general pool, but there are lots of teams to join where there's more work and the pay is a little better. There's also the opportunity to advance to QA. The community on Yammer is fantastic, creating a really positive and supportive work environment.

Pros

Fantastic Yammer community, flexibility, opportunities to advance

Cons

low pay

Very low pay, barely any work to get

To get work, one has to login on the system and keep watching to see if any audio clips appear, and then immediately snatch them up. So you waste time staring at the screen waiting for work, then the 2-minute audio clip can up taking a long time to transcribe if there are names or terms to research, or if the audio quality is poor. To become a transcriber, you have to pass a bunch of tests, which take several hours -- this is not paid. You also cannot get your pay deposited into your account unless it reaches a certain amount (I think it was $20). So, when I started out, there was hardly any work at all and I was unable to reach the threshold to actually collect the money for the work that I had completed because there were no clips for me to transcribe. And if you don't complete any transcription for a certain period of time your account is deactivated, meaning you lose any money you had earned and would have to redo all the unpaid testing in order to be reactivated. Definitely not worth it!

Cons

Can't get money when you want it, not enough clips for number of transcribers, lengthy and unpaid training/testing

Fun, people very encouraging.

It's work from home jobs are 1st come 1st served. You have to be fast at typing what your are hearing and be extremely precise to be able to get a decent pay. You will need a really good head set the audio a lot of the times wasn't the best so an excellent audio(listening/modifying) software is necessary. You will need great internet connection.

Pros

Work from home anywhere in the world when you want

Cons

The pay

Great experience so far! Management team is helpful, friendly, and encouraging. Work from home😊

TranscribeMe has been a fun learning experience so far. A lot of these review questions on Indeed (ex. about maternity/paternity leave, paid time off, how they are responding to COVID-19) are not applicable to TM. And there was no N/A option. Since we work as independent contractors/freelancers and not employees, there is no sick time, vacation time, etc. But you work when you want to work - there aren't any set hours. And you get to work from home in your pajamas!Everyone has been so friendly and super helpful. You can ask any question and someone will get back to you quickly. And they actually want you to succeed! As far as pay, it's kinda low to start, especially since I was super slow! But I can tell I have improved a lot over my first six weeks. And there is room for advancement, with pay increases. And working from home is fabulous - my first time!!

Pros

Work from home. Super friendly management and teammates.

Cons

Pay is low, at least to start

A lot of uncertainties in grading and analysis of jobs but basically a nice place to grow

It's a platform that offers a side gig to earn some cash but most times since it's human audios that are being transcribed, a lot of human imperfections and factors comes into play. The audios are not always clean cut clear and sometimes its hard to make out words. Sometimes even doing your obest on the audios, the QA reviewing your work who is also a human brings to play their own imperfections. You can be faulted for the slightest of error. So basically can be frustrating at first

Pros

Time flexibity and choice of what to work on

Cons

Pay is low and work is stressful

Wonderful environment and incredible flexibility

TranscribeMe has an absolutely phenomenal work culture; interacting with coworkers and team leads is an absolute joy every single time. Work guidelines/expectations are very well laid out and explained and they give you everything you could possibly need to succeed while providing help and encouragement. The schedule flexibility is incredible; you choose when and how much you want to work. There's a lot of room for advancement as well, and the entire atmosphere is uplifting and motivating.

Pros

100% flexibility, incredible company culture, everything is very well organized, etc

Cons

If you are slow at the work, it'll take a while to build up money, but the more you do it the faster you get.

Supportive Management Team

I had never done transcription before, so coming into this company was a lot intimidating. However, the TranscribeMe! management team from top levels to lower levels all have one thing in common-- they want you to succeed. You can set your own hours and advance at your own pace. It's all up to you.

Pros

Flexible Hours

Cons

Your are a contractor, no healthcare

Amazing company culture, supportive team

I’ve worked for TranscribeMe for almost two years. This job saved my family when we were having financial stress. I work a completely flexible schedule (usually after my children are in bed). I love how advancement opportunities are entirely in my hands. I join every workflow I can in order to increase the availability of work to me so I manage to stay busy. The people here are fun and supportive, and because it’s a global company, someone is always available to help!

Pros

Flexibility, work from home, advancement opportunities

Excellent for self-starters

The company has a great culture and respects its employees. There are opportunities for advancement or you can just stick with a comfortable team and work when you want. Pay could be better but it’s really an easy job to get into.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Salary

Great experience

Great experience I liked learning. They have training available and test you have to take to get work. If you fail a test you get to take it again after a certain period of time has passed.

Pros

Great flexible schedule

Cons

Not enough work at times

Great side gig

I highly doubt this will ever replace my full-time job ad my primary sense of income due to the exceedingly low pay rate, but it is a fun little side gig! Most of the jobs pay $12 per AH (Audio Hour) but some go as high as $18. You can take various tests depending upon your language skills to raise that dollar amount but you have to be quick about it because the window of opportunity for these tests is often short (especially if you're an english-only transcriber.) The segments you're given are generally two minutes in length but may be as much as four minutes in length. You're given fairly easy controls over the audio, such as speed up, slow down, pause automatically while typing, etc. All that being said, the audio is almost always the WORST possible quality. It sounds like these people are having their conversations in a wind tunnel full of typewriters and the speakers are five miles away from their mics. I have to listen to most sessions a minimum of two or three times. Sometimes more. They recommend a (free/common) browser extension that allegedly helps with making the audio better but it's really not that great. This causes a two minute audio segment to take fifteen to thirty minutes which means you're really making pennies. Their sense of community/comraderie is unmatched in my experience. You're given basic feedback on literally every job (percentages of accuracy, what QA changed, etc.) and they've an entire website set up in which you can interact with your peers about work, not work, whatever you like really. There's specific places set up for specific topics, and -

Pros

Great sense of community, work from home, easy to do, easy to apply/get hired

Cons

Pay, audio quality

Independent work

Great communication in the message boards. Sadly, you work as a contractor so if your state has restrictions on that you can’t find any work. Loved this job

Pros

Easy to adapt

Cons

Can be long hours and restrictions on contractors

Flexibility and a variety of topics

Transcribing audio files from different clients. Some of the topics can be really interesting. There are a lot of interesting things to learn on a daily basis.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Job security

Good work from home opportunity

Good work from home opportunity as a transcriber. Pay is not so great at the general level and it can be hard to find consistent work. However, work opens up once you advance to special teams, with the ability to earn more. Supportive colleagues who are always willing to help.

Hard work, fun work community but low pay

Great community, but very poor pay. You can improve your pay by passing more exams, and advancing up the ladder. Not advisable if you're looking for quick cash, but it could serve as extra side income.

Pros

Learning experience, good support

Cons

Low pay

Productive and friendly working environment

Dedication to work is very essential at transcribe me. It's also a learning environment.They also have good management skills.The hardest part of the job is when been given the unclear file to transcribe.

Great Side Hustle with Possible Advancement

Transcription isn't for everyone, but a typical day at TME consists of transcribing audio files at your leisure. Files come in a few times a week are usually 1-2 minutes long. There's plenty of opportunities for advancement, and an awesome community on Yammer where everyone can connect.

Pros

Work from home whenever you want, advancement opportunities

Cons

No benefits

Flexible work low pay

It is a great for beginners who don’t have any experience, but the work is hard and the pay is very low. There is opportunity for advancement if you put in the effort.

Pros

Flexible great learning environment

Cons

Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TranscribeMe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare TranscribeMe with