TranscribeMe

TranscribeMe Employee Reviews

Tight deadlines, very low pay

Very low pay for the amount of work completed. Not able to access help when needed. You are basically an independent contractor with them, so no benefits of any type

Pros

No set shift. You can work when you want to

Cons

Long, long hours to make a small amount of money

Fantastic as a second job

Due to the pay structure, it's very difficult to make a wage to live off of, but it's great as a second job. I have learned a lot working for this company, and the support is second to none.

Pros

Work from home at the times that suit you

Cons

not great pay

Great Team and engaging workflow

TranscribeMe is an early stage venture and much like most startup the work was challenging and the employees were supportive. I was on the board of directors and had access to a very talented mentors through it. The employees were excited about working at the office and would never have issues staying late to get the job done. My role was in finance and touched on other departments to make sure that the different roles had everything they needed (budget wise) and were able to stay engaged with the tasks a head.

Pros

Dependable Team

Cons

Startup Salary

Rewarding work-at-home option

TranscribeMe is a wonderful place to work. Once you are familiar with the style guide, it's easy to make money quickly. The message boards are full of support from your peers and from managers. There is ample opportunity for advancement to increase your earnings. The managers are always relaxed and appreciate all that you do. You're allowed to work as much or as little as suits you. I highly recommend this to anyone with a keen grasp of spelling a grammar.

Quick-paced and easy to learn

I can work from home and on my own schedule. The transcript bites are short enough as not to be overwhelming, allowing me to get more hours in. Yammer, TranscribeMe's social network, allows me to communicate with other transcriptionists when I need help.

Supportive and Honest Transcription Company

This is a superior transcription company for experienced transcriptionists, as well as those who can put in the time and effort to become one. Worked for A DIFFERENT transcription company who, after FIVE YEARS, suddenly canceled my contract with absolutely no warning. I endured constant frustration at that other company due to quality of the jobs, low pay for legal and medical transcription work, ambiguous expectations, outdated software and documentation, and rude management. From the perspective of an experienced transcriptionist (at their "QS" level completing "sessions" - not the lower level "jobs") this is a great company. They make their expectations clear, have clearly defined style guides, and create a supportive and collaborative environment with a lot of opportunity to communicate with both helpful, friendly staff, as well as other transcriptionists. TranscribeMe also offers a lot of different options for specializing in areas such as certain accents, reviewing work, timestamping, among other things. So for those who catch on and do well, there are advancement opportunities. Although audio quality is frequently an issue, you have the option to accept or reject any job, which is hugely important. So long as they are needing more contractors, you can do this work with no experience once you pass the initial exam (which is difficult). At the beginning level, it will be very hard to make any significant money - still, for those willing to put in the time and effort to gain experience and expertise, there is ample opportunity to advance.

Cons

Lack of auto correction built into the program. Sometimes lull in work available.

Supportive and fun environment

The TranscribeMe team is very supportive and gives employees multiple chances to advance while allowing them to work at their own pace. Time management, attention to detail, organizational skills are all attained with consistent work. Fun group of people that are always there to answer your questions.

Pros

Multiple chances to advance

Cons

Pay per audio hour worked

Amazing At-Home Job

TranscribeMe really is an amazing place to work, especially for people who need to work from home. They have very honest business practices, and it is almost entirely up to you how much, when, and how fast you work. The pay tends to be low at first, but there is a clear method for moving up the ladder and sometimes tripling your pay (not including speed improvements). As long as you aren't one of those people who join expecting to be paid a lot and then give up quickly, the pay ends up being quite reasonable. The employees are amazing, and you can talk to co-workers on a shared website. You need to have a very solid understanding of grammar and a bit of a perfectionist streak. If you have those things, you will thrive.

Pros

Great environment, flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay at first

a nice company with a non-stressful working time

Although the waiting time is long for the validation of a job application, the workspace is very intuitive, the manager always provides details, which helps to perform our work seriously. It's practically the best transcription company that exists

Easy going, at your own paced job

This is an easy going job if you are proficient in typing and grammar. Have to transcribe a lot to make a little, however. If you're motivated for this kind of work, go for it! You work at your own pace.

Pros

Work whenever

Cons

Pay little per job

hard to advance

It seems like you never advance up and when you think you are about to, they tell you that you're not quite there yet. I think they don't want to pay their employees.

A great side job, but doesn't pay enough to make a living off of.

I loved the flexible hours, which makes it easy to fit transcribing in whenever you have some time in your day. The company's social media site, Yammer, is a great place to hang out with coworkers and ask questions if you are unsure about something work-related. My bosses and coworkers are all very friendly, helpful, and encouraging.

Pros

Flexible hours, great workplace culture

Cons

Low pay

Typing

A typical day at work would consist of logging on, listening to sound bytes and typing out the conversations heard. It was quite an interesting place to work. It was online, easy to do anywhere. I could even do the job in my pj's. The Job also had the most interesting conversations, but of course, you were not allowed to discuss anything you heard. Overall it was an amazing place to work

Pros

Interesting, easy, your on pase

Cons

Bad audio, competed for sound bytes

Okay for at home work.

The wages for the amount of work you do aren’t fair unless you’re very experienced as a transcriptionist and have the appropriate equipment. Self managed so if you can do it effectively I’m sure it would work better for you than for me.

Slow paced work environment

You never really know if you're going to have a slow or busy day. The pay rate should be higher per hour in order to make everything more worthwhile.

Pros

Make your own schedule

Cons

Not enough compensation

It's a Wonderful Job

I enjoyed working from home and not having to travel to and from my job. It was a pleasant and wonderfully relaxed experience for me. The work was very scarce, but there was always someone there to offer you advice and help in with work issues or work related problems. Other department would offer work, training and/or projects that would also help you gain experience working in other fields and learning new tasks while earning. I truly enjoyed working for this innovative company and would recommend working here for anyone who would like to supplement their income and receive bonuses and prizes offered by the many departments managers.

Pros

Working at home.

Cons

Not enough work to have a full time pay.

Flexible hours, Supportive community

Take as many jobs as you would like after passing entrance test Make sure you adhere to style guidelines. Supportive community! Ask questions, get quick feedback

Just for Experience/Supplemental Income

High time input for low compensation. Pay per audio hour, not actual hours worked. If you can comprehend and type within the stylistic framework quickly, you will be proportionately compensated. It's all online and you can work when and where you want - provided you have internet access and a computer. A decent way to work on voice comprehension, listening, typing, and language skills while making a bit of money in the process. Any money made will only be supplemental- pay out does not occur until $20-30 are accumulated.

Pros

good for language/typing practice/experience, supplemental income, work online when and where you want

Cons

can be time consuming for little pay out, pay is per audio hour- not actual hours worked

Ok company

You have to really work to see money. Sometimes the work is not always there at the time you want. You would maybe transcribe 2 audios and then there would be no more and you would have to check back. You have to gauge when the best times to get frequent work would be. But it may not necessarily be during the times you need.

Pros

Work at Home

Cons

You have to really work to even see the pay

Flexible work environment

I love working for TranscribeMe! The work experience has given me the flexibility to work at home and earn a living. I recommend it to anyone that needs a flexible and steady job.

Pros

Flexible work hours

Cons

Work is not always available throughout the day.

Growing Company

Many great things with this company. I started here when they were fairly young and now that they have grown, I am sure the management and overall atmosphere is even better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TranscribeMe. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare TranscribeMe with