Universal Orlando Resort

Universal Orlando Resort Employee Reviews

Showing all 1,615 reviews

OK, don't recommend for the long-term

Its an ok job in your early 20s when you still haven't figured out what you wanna do. Very pushy on sales as expected, but the anxiety of having to be perfect on every call definitely got to me. Even with consistently being top sales on my team there was ALWAYS "room for improvement".

Nice fun workplace

Great place to meet new people. The company overall is amazing but the staffs depending where you at don’t care. The benefits are amazing plus you get in the parks for free.

Benefits

Cons

Higher ups sometimes don’t care

It’s a good first job ig

It’s a good first job for teenagers or anyone trying to make quick cash. The job is fairly easy and you have down time before and after so that’s nice. Just a warning that it’ll be A LOT of walking to and from your work station and during the parade.

Pros

Breaks, Easy tasks

Cons

Not enough hours, fake people, LOTS of walking

Would recommend it

Great company awesome benefits and perks would recommend to anyone . Lots to learn while working here employee and supervisor are superb did I mention the benefits

Beware

Not what I expected at all! No support. Workload not worth the pay. Not enough training before throwing you on the phone. Management has its share of favoritism for sure and helps who they want to help succeed so in that case I suppose if you're like by them then you have all the support you need. BEWARE- if you speak up for yourself or anyone else that's a "NO NO."

Pros

Perks

Cons

Phony/Gossipy/Not paid fairly for workload

Overall Loved My Time There

I loved my time at Universal with great benefits, perks, company events, etc. It brought a sense of pride to be apart of the organization. Unfortunately compensation was lacking, which is why I ultimately left.

Pros

Benefits, Perks, Events

Cons

Compensation

Attractions attendant

I had a great time working at universal. It was my first job, so I was very young and it taught me a ton. I ended up advancing through the company until I was ready to move on. Great starter company!

Nice

It was an amusement part so it was fun being there and seeing all the different people from all over. It was great seeing how everything comes together. When you start out and you make a mistake people always look at you though.

Best big company is ever worked for

great great great benefits. paid during covid shut down. if your thinking about the mouse..universal is a much better company for sure. free cable, internet even as a part time team member

I was a team leader in universal for almost 3 years.

It was a company that's thought me all the experience that I have now and knowledge, I grow within the company and everything was nice and lovely, until management change and it was new managers and supervisor that didn't care about us, or the team that were running the operation.

Pros

Good pay, Good benefits, Pto, Vacation PTO, Tuition Reimbursement

Cons

Hard work, poor management, all day standing under the sun, uncomfortable uniform

fun place to work

nice leadership everyone is out their way to help each other. free ticket event free food all the time. great discount with merchandise and restaurant. fix schedule

too many managers

inconsistent management. if you have restrictions, you will be treated badly. Management is very young and inexperienced. I had to tell them I was HiV positive.

It was just okay, some people love it but you have to have the right personality

I worked here part time for 9 months. it was okay, i liked most of my coworkers and managers, but as a part time worker I was only scheduled during holidays like summer and christmas, otherwise I was scheduled once a week. I wasn't making the money I needed, and I had to get to work an hour early to get to my location on time. Wasn't for me

Pros

good pay when you're scheduled

Cons

time consuming, tiring, not scheduled a lot

They lie.

I came in there to the sells department and I swear I feel like I was being lie to. I was ready to make some sales and get some money since the pay is not all that l. They will have you work 6 days straight. Morning shift is not a option even if you really needed it they will not work Around it. That’s why during interviews they will ask about your availability and nights shift. I was cool with that because I have no one to come to but is other people that really needs mornings and they had to leave due to no flexibility with the schedule. I was told by my team lead that we were only going to be doing tickets sales. And I can count with my hands how many self I’ve main since I been there. All I do is customer service work. Clients call upset about pricing. Changing dates, blah blah… just a regular customer service job with some sales here and there. If am going to be doing that I will rather work for a company who is willing to work around my schedule and pay me more. They have Amazing benefits and yea u get to enter the parks for free. But you really don’t get to enjoy it because you’re literally working all the time.

Benefits

Cons

Schedule and Pay

Tldr: An okay temporary job if you're neurotypical.

This place seems like a great place to work until you have to deal with management. I worked as a stocker and a cashier.The only positives I can think of are the benefits (free tickets, 35% discount/50% discount during the holidays, etc.) and the really good insurance (if you're full time).As a stocker, they expect you to do as much work as you possibly can, and once you reach your breaking point, they talk to you like you've been the worst worker they've ever seen. That's hard enough when you're neurotypical. They switched me to cashier because I wasn't able to handle all of the work they would give the stockers.I would tell my managers about my disorders (ADHD, Autism, etc.) and they would shrug it off like it was no big deal. The few managers that acted like decent human beings only did so until it was inconvenient to them. Even when I went to HR to talk about accommodations, they gave me wrong information which caused me to not only be unable to get accommodations, but also had me spend hundreds of dollars for an appointment that didn't even help me.I would be careful with communication in general with the managers in certain areas of the park. In my experience, they would act like they are listening and then either not do what they said they would do or forget because it doesn't fully effect them. They would then proceed to blame you for "not communicating." If you do communicate, try to get everything in writing so you have some sort of proof.All in all, If you are neurotypical or a neurodivergent person who already has the papers and therapy you need, this is a great -

Energetic Place to work at

A Typical Day at work would be essentially answering questions to people when they came to the front of the line and if I didn't have an answer contacted someone who did.

some fun perks but inflexible scheduling

Not the worst company but not the best. Pay is decent enough and the job itself is not difficult, and there are a nice perks including free park admission and tickets. There are also opportunities for advancement and mobility within the company. The biggest downsides are the company wants open availability and often will not be flexible when it comes to scheduling, and certain guests can be difficult.

Pros

free park admission, discounted meals and merchandise

Cons

no flexibility with scheduling, difficult guests

Apply now.

Universal Orlando resort is by far one of the best employers I have ever had. The only reason why I left was because I wanted to change professions. I work in food and beverage. And went to school for welding. I have full intentions on coming back as a welder once I feel confident in my new skill. I spent 8 years working for this company and they have by far the best company culture out of any company I have ever worked for. They really do listen to their team members. They have went out of their way to fix any issues team members likely may have. I never had to be stressed about my manager taking a angry guest side because management at my venue knew the work I provided and knew which guest was being honest and which ones aren’t.

Pros

The insurance, 401k is 6% match, company culture

Cons

Understaffed

Great benefits

Medical and dental/vision benefits suck, but the no block out dates for our IDs and the comp passes, free meals, and other benefits make up for it. There are times when it could have been much better for the cost though.

Managrment

Management is all good or all bad. We had a wonderful Chef on site but went through a lot of GM’s the last one being the worst! Upper management talks a good line but is hot or miss on follow up

Fun, unique work environment

For the most part, can be great place to work with decent pay and many opportunities. It's it's own culture. You really get to know so many people and get to see them develop into so many different roles. Only thing that was difficult for me was the scheduling. They're open 365 days a year so if you have certain availability needs, it can be difficult to work around. Other than that, I'd say it's a great place to work for the most part.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Universal Orlando Resort. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Universal Orlando Resort
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?