Upwork

Upwork Employee Reviews

Fine

Fine place to work with plenty of flexibility, but upwork takes such huge fees from you for no reason, which is very demeaning after you put the hours in.

Short Term contracts but lots of opportunity to grow

As long as you seek quality contracts you will enjoy your employment via Upwork.I definitely grew as a professional and was able to work remotely.The downside is hunting for new contracts every few months.

Upwork opens the door for qualified engineers who are not previllged to live in rech country to get good job .

This is an online job marketplace. Which is a fertile ground for creative and smart people. It gave me the opportunity to improve my skill and knowledge while connecting diverse people and work on interesting projects .

Fun

Upwork is a platform where mostly freelancers are longing to have a client in. Upwork has the greatest system and very safe to work. Clients inside Upwork are highly recommended.

Good platform for freelancing opportunities

Although Upwork is a great place to find freelance opportunities, their review feature that allows clients to review freelancers and vice versa is very very very very misleading. For instance say you work for a client for 7 years and in just one instance they don't like one article that you delivered out of thousands, they can end the contract and spoil your rating and that rating will take major effect in your overall rating because of the 7 year term you had on the contract. I mean seriously? Turn this feature off!

Working hourly with mostly foreign clients

work form home jobs, where you get to interact with the clients regarding your job. You will perform virtual duties for your clients based on your chosen niche. You are paid though online banking they are usually in dollars so expect a much higher compensation for the job than local employees.

Pros

Remote working

Cons

risks for fraud clients

Nice

Upwork is a good and reliable platform for freelancers to learn and grow and meet great clients. It's a little difficult in the beginning, but as you get the hang of it, it's easy.

Inconsistent Workloads

While it's great being a freelancer, there's Zero job stability. Some weeks you'll get work and some weeks there's nothing no matter how many jobs you bid on.

Pros

Freedom of Time

Cons

No consistent paycheck

Good for quick buck

Good if you want side hustle. you can choose on what is within your skillset and apply and work at many jobs at once if youre a hustler and you want to get money as much as u can. its hard to get jobs if you have no samples

Pros

you control your time, can choose between long term projects or short term.

Cons

no other benefits than money, no healthcare medical stuff like that

Best freelancing website

Upwork is the best freelancing platform you can join to start your career as a freelancer. You join and optimize your profile and start writing proposals to get hired

Pros

Fast payment

Cons

Little connects

I make my own schedule

I work as a freelancer on Upwork. The jobs are varied and the clients I have worked with are wonderful. I enjoy the freedom of working at home and setting my own hours.

My experience with up work

I loved up work when I first saw it and I found a job that was really interesting and that was translating, I became a translator there because I could speak three languages, my first client was fine but later I was robed many times , they told me that I have to pay for an ID card for the company so that I could receive my payment , because I had already done the work i had no choice, I wanted my payment but they were all just scam , I can’t trust anyone at up work now :( I hope they have better ideas to grant us protection because it’s hard to work without being paid .

Your on your own kid

It’s like a gacha to get work you have to hunt and bid on proposals better than most other freelance sites. It’s tough because the market is saturated

Work/Life balance

Management is great and coworkers are amazing. It’s like a family company, you’ll feel at home on your first day. The environment has a warm feel. You’ll love it here! A great freelance platform and network hub.

Una buena experiencia

Una buena plataforma freelancer, que permite la variedad de talentos para poder resolver. Posee un sistema de pago bastante confiable y seguro.

Good

Flexible work schedule and happy life. Balance life. Good attitude employers. Good benefits. More options to work on. Happy to be part of this job portal.

Flexible

Flexible schedule, you earn what you spend time for.Good quality of clients. Upwork do good control of the freelancers to make sure freelancers receive their payments.Upwork is making efforts to prevent scams.

Працюй коли хочеш та обирай комфортні умови для роботи.

Тут кожен обирає самостійно графік роботи та комфортне для роботи місце, відсутність дрес коду.

Still a great freelance platform and network hub

I've worked at Upwork as a freelancer for over 3 years, and once you pay your dues, maybe eat cost a bit during the first year or so, it really starts to pay off.

Work life balance

Freelancing site

Upwork is a marketplace for freelancers in fields like writing, graphic design and web development. The site helps professionals find projects, communicate with clients and get paid. If you're a new freelancer, or working in a new field, you can rack up valuable experience without always having to pitch clients cold.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Upwork. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Upwork with