Vans

Vans Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,068 reviews

Chill Part time

Love management! Great discounts, the pay isn’t the best but cool for holidays nd a family atmosphere ! I would recommend for those who are first time job seekers

A company that puts you first

Vans is by far the best company I have ever worked for. They invest in their associates with a Development plan, creating a vision for the team members. Vans digs deep into your talents and guides the employees on how to expand the horizon. I can't express how amazing this company truly is, they paid us throughout the pandemic, they CARE, APPLY!

Great place to work if management was better

Met a lot of my friends working here and I put a lot into this job to be promised a promotion then never given one. Manager wouldnt look at me on my last day after working there for 2 years. Unprofessional management, would gossip in the backroom about employees thinking no one could hear. (Stockroom isnt that big guys!)

part time after school job

good part time job but not really a place to work if you’re looking for a career. the environment was fun and pretty relaxed. i enjoyed my time there.

Fun Place to work they don’t pay as well though

The perks were nice. It was fun if you had a fun team. The pay was okay and hours were okay. The discount was nice but meant most of my pay check went back to the company.

Great work environment

Great people and staff. Great overall environment to work in, very understanding and productive work environment. Great employee discount. Great people to work with.

Bad management, toxic environment

Terrible management and favoritism 100% I definitely do not recommend working at this warehouse. They do not care about you or treat you like an actual person.

Buen ambiente laboral, oportunidad de crecimiento a corto plazo, muy humana

Doy un 9 en verdad me hicieron cómodo seguro e importante durante mi estancia en la marca, aprendí muchas cosas, aprendía desarrollar mi talento le doy gracias!

Chill and Laidback, but also, fun to work when it gets busy

I honestly love working for vans. they treat their employees very well, with constant discounts, free stuff, pay raises, etc. The managers and coworkers I have had have always been pretty chill people. It's a cool place to work, and if you love the shoes, you will really enjoy working there. Only thing is, I wish we got a commission. That would be nice, but other than that, a great place to work, and great company. You learn a lot about all the shoes and their purpose. And a typical day at work consists of greeting guests, helping guests with shoes and apparel, and adding on items to help your sale.

Pros

Free stuff, Great discounts

Cons

No commission

Great company to work for

One of the biggest things about working here (besides the discounts) is the culture the company, management, and associates bring on a daily basis. Family atmosphere from associate to regional management make work fulfilling and fun.

Fun and culturally up to date

Love the job and the company’s values into art music and skateboarding but very hard to live off. The pay is for like a little kid in high school who has no worries in the world. I just wish I could survive with the pay they give you.

Pros

Generous discount

Cons

Small pay check’s bill, bi weekly

Great company

I liked it . I learned a lot about sales and vans product . The manager at this location would constantly change the schedule but wouldn’t directly contact you about changes . Just would expect you to keep looking at the app even if you are scheduled once a month . The discount is awesome ! I did not agree on some sales tactics where conversations were said to be “natural” . They definitely were not natural and just were very pushy towards the customer . At times I felt like I was force to bug the customer instead of letting them shop . The word “awesome!” And “living the dream” were used too much . Although I learned a lot how to approach customers, the way this store manager wanted it was a bit much . If you are introverted you will be outed and pushed to engage with customers more than other employees do . Also if you are new you will probably be left on the floor alone at times while managers and other employees that have been there longer get to hide out in the back sitting on their phones and talking among themselves . Love the company but this store manager should fix some things on his end with directly letting his employees that rarely work there that the schdule has changed .I would forget I even worked at vans at times. That’s how much I wasn’t scheduled Also the training videos seem culty lol

Good place

Worked part time. Really enjoyed my time there. Great team and friendly management. Not really any negatives as was a good go between job whilst studying. Decided to leave as left the area and wanted to pursue another job back home.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Weekends

Fun place to work at

Pretty fun experience but the employee discount is worth more than the actual pay you receive. I can tell you it won’t get the bills paid unless you’re living check by check but the overall atmosphere is fun

Pros

discount

Cons

not flexible

Fun workplace, great summer job

Sold sneakers and apparel in accordance with customer needsLearned what it takes to be good at salesManagement and workplace culture are very chill, made for a great summer job

Mi mejor experiencia laboral (VF corpo.)

Mi mejor experiencia laboral, tremendo ambiente, ideas e innovación a diario, sueldos sobre la renta promedio.

Productive and fun workplace

Sometimes meeting certain sales goals was complicated due to mall traffic and having to upscale to folks purchasing items, but the work environment itself was awesome and the management was as well. Always was there to listen and help if you were struggling and to praise you for meeting goals and doing good. I loved my team members and would work for Vans again if the compensation was higher and they had more full-time positions with benefits.

management is a hit or miss

I gave management one star because it was great until my store manager moved to another store and we got a new manager who gave her clique hours and everyone else had to work once a week, sometimes once every other week. I worked with the company for 3 years and was on my way to moving up the ladder, but decided to become an assistant manager at a different company because I just started to dislike the environment there. Great as a customer, but honestly its a toxic work environment.

Fun place to work at but the goal expectations do not equal the pay.

Great as a first job but not for a main job. The hours are extremely minimal. You definitely won’t be able to cover many bills with the job. But okay for a side job for extra savings money.

Don’t work here

There is no good management they are very unorganized and I feel like we don’t get paid enough for the work that has to be done. They are not understanding and a lot of the times will think they are right about everything even when proven wrong.

Energetic and gathering

What makes the store so amazing, is the effortless amount of shoe choices, and online order capabilities. Extensively the constant activity of new clothing collection, or couture, and shoe releases.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vans. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Vans
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?