VIPKid

VIPKid Employee Reviews

Hong Kong3 reviews

Found 3 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,721 reviews

Flexible work-from-home opportunity

VIPKid mainly directs recruitment towards parents and American citizens, so your online co-workers are mostly moms. In the past year, their contractor forum has greatly improved but is a lot of work to maintain recognition that ends up being unpaid. The raise structures have changed a lot since I started 4 years ago, and it can be much more difficult to move up the career ladder if you're not popular in the online community, or don't receive consistent feedback from clients (which is beyond your control, as clients are not obligated to provide feedback). There is also the newer position of recruiter, someone whose sole job is to find more potential employees. This position's pay structure is more akin to getting bonuses for every recruit that is successfully hired. Overall, as a university student, I enjoyed the timing of work as it did not impact my ability to take courses. On the other hand, it was quite isolating at times, and competition within the company for recognition is intense during giveaways and incentivization periods. A very interesting place to work, and is constantly working to improve itself.

Pros

Work from home, flexible hours, short contracts

Cons

can be isolating, changes in raise structure make it difficult

VIPKID was a great learning experience in online teaching to China

VIPKID gives very good feedback on the quality of your lessons. They also offer many incentives for completed courses successfully in the 25 to 28 time limit. They also offered bonuses for recommending other teachers as well as selling new courses to trial students. The culture of the company is good as there are many Facebook websites where teachers can share ideas. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing my regular students over and over and getting fully booked within a half hour of the booking opening up for the company. The hardest part of the job was when there were tech issues on VIPKID's end as well as always making sure I woke up promptly to prepare lessons and be ready for the 14 lessons I teach each night.

Pros

great teaching feedback that improved my online teaching greatly

Cons

working 7 days a week

Love this company!

VIPKID is an amazing employer. You work as an independent contractor for them, and they are quick when you need them for help. The hours are on Beijing time, and that means working early mornings or late nights. Both work with my family's schedule, and I am grateful for the opportunity to work this fun job!

Pros

work from home with great kids!

Cons

No benefits, no taxes taken out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VIPKid. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare VIPKid with