Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews

Showing all 6,939 reviews
I have worked in Hong Kong Disneyland for more than 3 years. I was a security host. My job mostly likely has to maintain a safe environment for the guests to experience and I enjoyed so much working in Hong Kong Disneyland.
I worked in two departments during my five years with the company. Both has its up and downs, but the ups overweighed the downs. I felt like I had a family in both departments.
Pros
Park benefits and discounts, overtime opportunity, scheduling flexibility
Very hard to advance or change roles. Mangers play favorites. Pay and benefits are good. Age related layoffs are common. While I loved being part of Disney it was a boring role and left much to be desired.
WDW is a decent job with decent pay for the area I suppose. Many have multiple jobs as you cannot make a living and pay rent based upon the hours given and base pay.
Pros
Park Perk's, Medical/Dental are Very Good, An Easy Job
Cons
Inconsistent Management (Too Many Manager's)
I loved working at Disney World. As a server, you can make great money. Management and rules change often so you have to be ok adapting to different situations. Also you get guests from all over the world, be prepared for that. Over all, I loved working there.
Pros
Park passes, creating magic
Cons
You're just a number
working at disney really helps you grow your skills but also helps you grow as a person. Before working at disney i was very shy but after working there i feel like i completely blossomed its just such a positive place to work and you always feel at home
Pros
great management, great coworkers, amazing benefits, room to grow
Cons
guests can be grumpy and take it out on you
I loved working here! Leaders were great and everyone was very nice. It was organized and I appreciated all the training and networking I was able to do
It’s Disney yes you have to be happy all day everyday even on your worse days, they play favoritism completely. Hours shift every schedule, co workers are fun you get to go to the park on your off day but you work so much you want to stay home and rest with family it’s so HOT outside also
Pros
Free passes
Cons
Pay low
i transfered and got a job with better pay but still same problems or quit because you can't get a transfer unless someone checks off and most of them don't want you to leave. There isn't good relations with them unluess your the same race. latin or maybe hatian
Cons
rude managers, racist, unqualified, gosspi
They keep you employed but your lifestyle now belongs to Walt Disney World. They say jump you say how high. Management has no respect for cast members. The guest are ALWAYS right.
Pros
Free tickets, 20% off meals and merchandise. O/T paid on any scheduled days off.
Cons
Management sucks, you must dedicate your life to Disney or they will replace you
Team building, energetic enviorment, strong work ethic. These are some of the many examples as to why everyone should try and work for the mouse at leat once in their lives. The strong bonds and relationships you build from people around the world has to be the most rewarding part. Also the perks are pretty amazing too! I would never want to trade the seven years I devoted to this company.
The experience at the company was great while I was there. Unfortunately due to covid-19 they had many layoffs. Most work for the company for the disney name and the culture. it is like a family.
There are a good amount of lessons I got to learn in the company.
One I was truly grateful was the ability to give great costumer service to the guest. I loved how we can change someones day with great costumer service. Another tool I was a able to learn was how to talk and listen to fellow workers/Cast Members. Truly listening to the team is extremely important for the company and the moral of the team.

I was part of a team that got to help employees be better versions of them selves and teaching them that they could do more then what they thought possible.

In my job I was fortunate to truly never have horrible days. I can say there were things that were a bit tuff but never to the point of hating the situation.

over all I was truly fortunate.
Its a job. the co workers ive had are great a few bad apples. Some managers want you to succeed others want to watch you fail so they can beat you while your down.
Pros
Park admission
Great culture within the company, deeply invested in making people feel a sense of place in the story and goals of the brand. Job can be tiring but any hospitality role will be like that. Great benefits packages for full time cast and good growth opportunities if you are willing to work hard.
the actual work is taxing at times but it always feels worth it. I met a lot of great people I just wish the pay was better. Working night shift always makes you feel tired but other than that it is enjoyable work working for the mouse
Pros
disney magic
Cons
pay
Work-life balance
I’m a people person love people and providing great guest service

Overall

The best experience I’ve ever had in job it wasn’t a job it was creating magic for people all around the world and I loved it I had the opportunity to meet so many amazing guest as well as celebrities and my fellow cast became my work family
I love working there its a dream, i work food service and i love it i love leanrinf something new every day . I always love communication with guest and its so nice knowing your making magic
Loved working for Walt Disney world, it is truly magical and is a fun atmosphere. It might get a little hectic but overall the guests and made making magic easy.
I enjoyed working for the Disney company. They have a lot of places where you can transfer to if you are interested in working a wide range of positions.
I have worked here almost 2 years and it has been a wonderful experience and i have learned so much as a ride and show tech. i would definitely recommend if you are looking into the maintenance side of Disney.