Walt Disney Parks and Resorts

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Employee Reviews for Artist

Artist5 reviews
Drew and Sold Character Illustrations and gave a daily Character Drawing Class. VERY fulfilling day providing education as well as entertainment to Guests on a daily basis!
Pros
Everything you need for work provided for you and amazing people to work with
Cons
Area Manager was very Un-Personal, cared more about the Sales than the Product or Cast Members that worked for her.
A typical day at work was waiting for someone who wanted to be drawn. I learned the power of finished work, completion. we were self sufficient. I worked with 1 to 2 coworkers once in a while. The hardest part of job was the 45 to an hour drive there, only to leave with minimum to 0 sales at end of day. most enjoyable was being able to draw for the guests and encourage young kids who wanted to be artists.
Pros
The job kept my art skills sharp
Cons
Not enough sales, NO health benefits
I was a Disney Sketch Artisan. I had the opportunity to draw traditional sketches of the Disney characters for guest to purchase. Every day I would take orders for guest of what character they would like to purchase and within an hour there sketch would be complete. I was able to improve on my own art skills especially with understanding the disney characters and making sure there all on character model. My coworkers were amazing we each supported each other and gave proper feed back with each new design that was created. The hardest part of the job was keeping the characters on model with each new design. Having to do numerous designs to make sure each character stayed true to its original design. It was challenging but that is were I was able to grow the most while working there. My managers were incredible very open to suggestions about the sketch artist program. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to do what I loved.
Pros
Unlimited access to almost every Disney Resort including the international parks, ability to grow as an artist, supportive team, wonderful work environment
A fun work place, hot weather was a little troublesome but overall loved working with children. Learned and grew to love my work.
Pay was very low.
no benefits.

Wait long hours, and depending on crowd, payment varied.

management was awesome, location was great, but not enough security or advancement in job